Wuuuuu!


Even though I may sometimes deny it, there are actually a bunch of things that make me happy: programming, video games, Hayley Kiyoko, etc. However, I think the person that makes me the happiest is Christina <3. Now, I could probably write a whole book about her because we’ve been best friends for most of our lives, but I’ll try to condense it a little bit.
Our friendship started way back in 1st grade at Countryside. But alas, we were only together for a year since my mom shipped me off to Dr. Howard for elementary school (she knew some of the teachers and really wanted me to be in their classes). That didn’t mean that Christina and I were separated though. Because my mom wanted me to continue learning Chinese, which I started at Countryside, Christina and I ended up going to the same Sunday language classes at the U of I (but in different sections because I was not a native speaker).
Finally, after 5 long years, I returned to Countryside for 6th grade. I got to reconnect with all my old friends and even meet some new people who came in after I left. Most importantly, I was finally reunited with my favorite person in the world! We have been almost inseparable ever since. 
I’ve honestly never had a more dependable friend. If any of my classmates remember, I was out sick with whooping cough for approximately 2 weeks during my freshman year. Luckily for me, Christina would send her notes to me every day I was out of school so that I didn’t end up being too far behind everyone else. 
Our friendship was kind of unexpected because we’re so different in a lot of ways. I’m very quiet and anxious. Meanwhile, Christina is LOUD and outgoing. She’s definitely saved me in several social situations because of this. Also, no matter how bad of a day I’m having, she will always try EXTREMELY hard to make me feel better (it often works because she’s so persistent it’s sometimes annoying)!
Thank you for reading my Christina Wu appreciation post <3

Comments

  1. It's crazy that we've known each other for more than a decade (What is it? Year 12 now?). I had to comment on this blog post (after all, my last is plastered rather ethusiastically in the title). Emi, it goes both ways! You're a sweet soul who gives comforting hugs. You're always there to help me out and you've listened to more than your share of my rants and commentaries. Honestly, I pray for your ears. Thanks for being there for me for most of my life. I couldn't imagine my life without you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really touching to read, and even more so to a degree because I remember middle school with you guys at Countryside vividly. Christina has always been a role model for me, because she's so outgoing and friendly-- even to this day! Yet, I also remember how impressed I was with how deeply observant and cool you are, Emi.

    I'm really happy I've known both of you for as long as I have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was thinking about potentially writing on this topic, I also thought about all the wonderful friends who make everyday something special, but I never thought about writing about someone in particular. It's really sweet how you can point to one specific person in your life that just makes it that much better. Being friends with you in 2nd grade at Dr. Howard (before I straight dipped the year after), I'm sure Christina is also very lucky to have a friend like you. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the sweetest! I'm glad you and Christina's relationship has lasted this long and is so strong!! It seems like a strong bond that will last forever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Dog

Free